L-lysine is an important and indispensable component of proteins. As previously mentioned, it plays a role in the production of carnitine and collagen. Its benefits include:
- Promotes normal growth and development by increasing collagen formation
- Supports the production of other proteins like enzymes, antibodies and hormones
- Promotes bone health by increasing calcium absorption; prevents osteoporosis or weak bones by reducing bone loss
- Helps convert fatty acids to energy, aiding in weight reduction
- Helps lower bad cholesterol levels, thus reducing the risk for heart disease
- Promotes skin health through increased collagen formation
- May be used to treat viral infections like herpes simplex, cold sores, shingles,human papilloma virus (HPV) infection such as genital warts, and genital herpes
- Can relieve migraines and other types of pain and inflammation
- When taken with other nutrients like vitamin C, it can reduce chest pains (angina) related to heart disease
- Helps in muscle building, when taken with other amino acids like arginine
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 500 mg (~1/4 tsp or scoop) once to twice daily or as instructed by your qualified health professional. Effective range varies between 500mg to 3000 mg daily.
Allergens: This product contains no Soy, Milk & Byproducts, Eggs, Fish, Shellfish, Wheat, Gluten, Tree Nuts, or Sesame Seeds.
GMO-Free: This is a NON-GMO ingredient produced with organic material.
Vegetarian Status: Does not contain animal or dairy products.